Anxiety - How To Overcome

is one of the most under diagnosed diseases afflicting millions of people.

If you have any of the following symptoms you should include anxiety as a possible cause for your problems.
  • nervousness
  • rapid heart beat
  • dizziness
  • panicky feelings, panic attacks
  • diarrhea & stomach problems
The way to eliminate something is to first recognize and admit that you are experiencing feelings of stress, anxiety, and/or depression.

There are certain personality types that are more susceptible to anxiety than others like extremely analytical, worrier, sensitive, and control obsessive to name a few.

It is natural to feel some anxiety due to circumstances, but when have you crossed the line?

Other symptoms are:

  • A drain on your energy
  • Prolonged disruption in sleep
  • Lack of concentration
  • Social withdrawals
  • General sadness

Are you blaming someone else for your stress, anxieties, unhappiness, depression, poor health, lack of success or whatever? How can you take responsibility for yourself and make some positive changes?

What is anxiety?

Lets identify what anxiety is: Anxiety can be best described in terms of worry, a general troubled or uneasy feeling of apprehension.

Anxiety Disorders however are altogether different from the ordinary, periodic feelings of apprehension we all experience from time to time. The worry and fear experienced by people suffering from an Anxiety Disorder is persistent and habitual, often initiated by unrealistic situations or thoughts. In addition, this worry is seemingly uncontrollable and often interferes with their ability to concentrate or otherwise function normally day to day.


Read the words of a former sufferer, Carolyn Dickerson, education director for the Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety...

"I honestly believed I would die young. I remember crying my heart out when I was alone, literally begging God to allow me to live just long enough to raise my children. 'Please, please God let me stay until they are all grown up. Let me live long enough to see that they are safe and secure on their own with a loving partner.'


This sentiment and feeling was very real to me, I certainly didn't believe my plea to be 'unrealistic.' Of course now that I am recovered I can see the error of my thinking - the difference between possible and probable. Sure I could have died at 24-35-45 but it certainly wasn't very likely. It certainly wasn't so likely that I needed to be focused on it every minute of every day. It wasn't so possible or probable that I needed to sacrifice my health, happiness, literally years of my life prematurely running from my ghost."


What can you do?


It is estimated that upwards of 24 million people suffer from this under diagnosed disorder.


If you feel these symptoms describe you, get more information. The worse thing you can do is nothing, in most cases it will only get worse.

More information about anxiety


How to beat anxiety
Panic attacks

No comments: