Breast Cancer

Dioxin is a toxin increasingly found in breast cancer tissue. So please be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car. Pass this on to all the women in your life.

Women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car. The heat reacts with the chemicals in the plastic of the bottle which releases dioxin into the water.

This information is the kind we need to know that just might save us! Use a stainless steel canteen or a glass bottle instead of plastic! This information is also being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

No plastic containers in microwave.

No water bottles in freezer

No plastic wrap in microwave.

What are dioxins?

A dioxin chemical causes cancer, especially breast cancer.

Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.

Recently, Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital was on a TV
program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us.

He said "we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers especially foods that contain fat".

He also said "the combination of fat and high heat in the plastic releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body".

Instead he recommends using glass such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin.

So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.

He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.

He further pointed out that plastic wrap such as Saran wrap is just as dangerous when
placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food.

Cover food with a paper towel instead.

Related Information Sources

Safe microwaveable containers
Dioxin free containers
Breast cancer prevention

1 comment:

Wheelchair India said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
ARAI Certificate Side Wheels

Keep Posting:)